Comments

'And finally, not everyone’s being doing topical. In fact, here’s the rather lovely 6 Oxgangs Avenue devoted to the history of the development of the area, this week highlighting how the block of flats came into being. Could have been prompted by Who do you think you are? Or just a timely reminder that not everything worth blogging about is in the here and now.'

Kate Higgins, Scottish Roundup 26/08/2012



Tuesday 8 November 2022

Morgyn the Mighty #1

I’m very rarely on the Oxgangs Blogger (forerunner to the Facebook group) page but I happened to visit it a week or two back. I came across this comment from a Phil Mouldycliff. Similar to Phil this story from early 1965 absolutely fired my 9 year old imagination and remained with me throughout the decades. I’d be up at Ewart’s first thing on Monday morning hopping about in the shop whilst a bemused patient Ian would find me my copy. šŸ˜‚ The story is brilliant as is the artwork. It was clearly a life-transforming few months for Phil. It’s taken a wee while to track down the series in my library. But now that I’ve done so I aim to post one episode daily over the next 11 days and for those interested will share the link to the Oxgangs Facebook page. (I’m assuming I can still remember how to post each blog on Blogger! šŸ™„) Hi Peter, Just belatedly caught sight of your blog relating to the story in the Victor back in '64 in which Morgyn the Mighty goes to an island full of strongmen battling to the death. This proved to be the inspiration for me to want to become a commercial artist and I have always wanted to rekindle my memories of that particular story. You mention in your blog that you have a complete run of the adventure. Would it be possible for me to get hold of a copy? Phil Mouldycliff.

No comments: